March 14, 2017
March 10, 2016 webinar:
- Respect Aging - module 7 and 8 (Impacts and Effects and Risk Factors and Protective Factors of Violence Against Older Persons)
February 11, 2016 webinar:
- Respect Aging - module 5 (Diversity, Ageism, and Violence)
- “Building Trans-Cultural Awareness to Protect Older People of Different Cultural Backgrounds from Abuse and Neglect", by Kaberi Sarma-Debnath, RSW, Executive Director, Multicultural Women's Organization of NL (MWONL)
November 12, 2015 webinar: "Respect Aging - modules 4 and 6" with presenters: Elizabeth Siegel, Coordinator NLNPEA, Seniors Resource Centre NL * Pamela Dawe, Consultant with the Department of Seniors, Wellness and Social Development, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
January 27, 2015 webinar: "The Adult Protection Act: A Regional Perspective" with guest presenters: Marina Brett, Regional Manager, Family & Rehabilitative Services, Labrador-Grenfell Health * Doreen Burry, Social Work Consultant, Community Support Program, Western Health * Norman Matthews, Social Worker, Community Support Programs, Eastern Health * Karen Paddle, Adult Protection Coordinator, Community Support Program, Central Health
February 27, 2014 webinar: "Talking About Elder Abuse in the Workplace" by Elizabeth Siegel and Theresa Roberts-Morrissey. This webinar introduces the training document Strategies for inter-professional healthcare providers to address elder abuse from the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
Tools referenced in this webinar:
- In-Hand (from N.I.C.E.) contains the ethical decision-making tool referenced
- Looking Beyond the Hurt: A Service Providers Guide to Elder Abuse
- Elder Abuse tools from N.I.C.E. (National Initiative for the Care of the Elderly) can be found here
- Scenarios (can be used as a handout in training sessions)
- Types of elder abuse (can be used as a handout in training sessions)
September 18, 2014 webinar with Denise Hayes from the NL Sexual Assault and Crisis Prevention Centre: (Note: large file - may take a minute to download)
"It's Never too Late to Heal: Supporting Older Adults who have Experienced Sexual Violence"
February 8, 2013 presentation from training session in St. John's by Elizabeth Siegel
"Reporting Elder Abuse in NL"
February 6, 2013 webinar by Tammy Rankin and Sgt. John Keating
"Understanding Elder Abuse: Identification and Interventions"